We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

Okay, we have finally decided on the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien as we can get a discount with AA. Both of these are club twin rooms.

LRM = £193 per night (sea view)

Westin = £181 (city view) or £197 (sea view)

The Westin rooms are 52 m2 whilst the LRM are much smaller at 38m2. The Westin rooms also have queen beds compared to single beds at the LRM.

What are the differences in the club lounge benefits? Does one hotel have better facilities/ restaurants?

Which hotel do you recommend? We are going in late August.

Thanks in advance

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

What's AA?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

Both are excellent hotels. Make sure you go for sea view.

Westin: as prices are more or less the same, the larger rooms sounds good if you plan to spend more time in the room. Larger beds are always nice.

What is about the location? LRM has by my opinion the slightly better location. LRM has the larger garden as well.

Whichever you chose, I do not think you can go wrong.

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

AA is the automobile association.

4. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 13:05
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

Seriously do you get discount if your members with the AA? And if so how

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

Yep. Its up to 15%. lol

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

So how would I get a discount ? Would I need to contact the hotel directly ? Or is there a website I go through ? Sorry for being dumb

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

I think AA memebership might be on the up now within the TA forum!!

Anyway back to the original post - I've stayed in both hotels and both are excellent.

Westin is newer, more modern has larger rooms and bathrooms. It has good pools and a decent beach and you can share the facilities to Le Meridien Mina Seyahi.

Itt has a number of restaurants and a great pizzeria with outdoor seating area (not much use in August). It's sister hotel has a very popular beach bar (Barasti bar).

There is nothing within walking distance to the Westin.

LRM is more established and isn't quite as flash inside as The Westin, despite this, I think I prefer LRM and I honestly can't put my finger on why.

It has great grounds and it is spread out, you are able to walk to the 'The Walk' . For me I think the service is better but If I'm being honest there isn't much in it and both are excellent choices.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 13:51
London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

Thanks Hannah.

With regards to AA, do you have an AA rewards card and membership number? You should get it automatically when you become a member or use one of their financial services.

You get a discount for the Starwood group of hotels. Its not much though and only for certain rooms; I got 10% off the club rooms. I believe the Grosvenor Hotel and a couple of others are part of the Starwood group of hotels also.

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi or Le Royal Meridien

When you book one of the the Starwood hotels, there are tick boxes where you can choose automobile association. All they ask is that you show them your AA card when you arrive as proof of eligibility