We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying with male friend

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Staying with male friend

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you who have been to Dubai may be able to help me.

I am a 21yr old female and have a (strictly platonic male) friend who is living out there at the moment for work.

Would it be a problem for me to stay with him in his flat as we are not married or family?

I would love to go, and it seems like to good an opportunity to miss, but also like a rather scary place to get arrested!!

Thank you!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying with male friend

No, no problem at all. And your friend should have told you this as well.

Also, you do not get arrested in Dubai for nothing. Whatever you might have read.

You actually need to do two things to get arrested: firstly break the law and secondly more or less force the Police to act upon this.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying with male friend

Many couples who are not married live together in Dubai (I understand that you are not a couple) and do so without any problems. If you friend lives in Dubai he should be able to confirm that it will be OK.

3. Re: Staying with male friend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:18