We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulom Israyilov

3 posts
Save Topic
Gulom Israyilov

I'm going from India to dubai terminal 3

My flight is from terminal 1 how I go and for me need transit visa or not . Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gulom Israyilov

On arrival in Terminal 3, report to the Transfer Desk, instead of going out. They will assist you and baggage to be moved to Terminal 1. Handling charges may be involved for baggage. No need transit visa. In any case, inform EK beforehand in India itself of your need to transfer to a Terminal 1 flight.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gulom Israyilov

I think Vasu mixed for once Terminal 1 with Terminal 2.

Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 are connected and you can walk there airside (no need for any visa or any ground transport).

Your luggage will be transferred as described above after you have reported to the transfer desk. There is no charge involved.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gulom Israyilov

In departure one could walk thru between T1 and T3. Not sure if this could be done in arrival area. I read the OP query all right, thanks Dubai Phil

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gulom Israyilov

Sorry Vasu, no offence meant.

On arrival in T3 and after passing transfer you will be reaching the normal airside / departure area.

Key is to go to transfer and not to the arriva / exit for Dubai. Just stay airside.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gulom Israyilov

Not at all Dubai Phil, I know you meant well, no worries. On arrival only way to move between T3 and T1 is thru Transfer Desk, that is my impression. I am not familiar with arriving passenger being able to walk through on his own from T3 to T1 without passing thru immigration. Maybe there is a way.......

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gulom Israyilov

You are right. There are only two options.

If you want to leave the airport / enter Dubai, go to exit. But then you need a visa.

If you want to transfer / change flights, go to transfer desk and stay airside. So no need for visa.

7. Re: Gulom Israyilov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17