We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

I am traveling to Dubai for 1 week. Please suggest me that what currency shall I carry with me over there. I have US dollars as well as Kuwati Dinars. What is more preferable over there?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,791 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

Dirhams.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

Their own currency :).

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

Either is acceptable but US Dollar would be the better option. Changing dollars is very easy.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

Take whatever currency you have and change it to dirhams when you get there. You can do this at an airport exchange house or at any exchange house in the malls.

If you take other currency with plans to actually spend it in Dubai then you will get your change in dirham and a rubbish exchange rate - better to change the cash you have to dirham on arrival.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

USD and KWD are useless in town, you can use them at Duty Free only (where you will get any change back in AED).

6. Re: Currency to carry while travelling to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17