We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom apartment recommendations

London, England
Level Contributor
397 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
2 bedroom apartment recommendations

I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in Dubai for my wife, 2 year old and I. Ideally with acess to a swimming pool.

I have found the following which are priced per person including Emirates flights from LGW and 6 nights in the apartment in September 2013

Golden Sands 10 - £632

Chelsea Tower - £738

Oasis Beach - £923

Radisson Blu @ Dubai Marina - £923

Ramada Plaza JBR - £950

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences - £1,000

We discounted the Intercontinental at Festival City (£1,004) as it only has an Indoor Pool.

Which would people say is the best value of these? My guess is Oasis Beach.

Alternatively, Jumeirah Etihad Towers Residences in Abu Dhabi are £843. Would this be a better bet given they are on the beach?

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

Have you looked at the Marina View Apartments/Hotel, they have a pool, I just booked for room £57 with breakfast a night on Travel Republic, and they ahve quite good reviews

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

I can personally recommend Chelsea Towers. Have stayed twice in the last month with visitors. Large well kitted apartments with swimming pool and large gymnasium on the 6th floor. Well located on Sheik Zhayed with the Financial Metro station right outside. Pharmacy, small supermarket, coffee shops and food outlets all on the doorstep.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

I'll second swrxp47's recommendation of Chelsea Towers and would say they are the best value given their location - one metro stop from Dubai Mall.

However, they do not give beach access so if you want beach access then your definition of 'value for money' may differ from mine if you want to include that.

Hilton residence gives access to the Hilton across the road (5 mins to the beach) and Oasis Beach Towers gives access to Jebel Ali, which is a 20 minute shuttle or cab ride away.

If you look at it for what you get for your money then Jumeirah Etihad Towers gives you an apartment directly with access to the beach and is cheapest but if you are flying into Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi you would need to factor in the cost of transfers and that would cost roughly £100 on top of your hotel cost.

Finally, Intercontinental does have an outside pool at the hotel, which is connected to the residence and available for guests to use but Festival City is more isolated from the rest of Dubai

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

I'd price up Grosvenor House too as they have great apartments and use of beac at Le Royal Meridien.

London, England
Level Contributor
397 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

Thank you all, for your input.

Latimer, the Abu Dhabi option is with Etihad flight out of LHR. Having experienced the JBH and knowing the Jumeirah standard, that price looks quite good.

But, if we really want to be in Dubai, I'll look at the other options. If I look for GH or Marina View on Travel Republic or Expedia for 2 adults and 1 child, I only ever get offered 1 bedroom apartments. Any idea what you need to put in for a 2 bedroom option? Or, is it a question of phoning up?

Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

Hi I have booked my last 2 trips to the Grosvenor in a 2 bed apt with Destinology, always found them very helfpul both via email and phone. Maybe google them give them a call - and all the other agents see who can give you the best price for what you want. I have always got a bit of further discount off the online prices by speaking directly. Happy holiday hunting :-)

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

Depends on where you want to be located

Chelsea Towers is on SZR with a few coffee shops and restaurants nearby - anything else you would need to drive/cab.

Golden Sands however is 2 minute walk from Burjumaan Mall, 10 minute walk from Karama and 10-15 minute walk from Meena Bazaar. The busy and lively Khalid Bin Waleed Street is also a stone's throw from Golden Sands.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

Have to disagree about driving or cab being the only transport option from Chelsea Towers - there is a metro station right outside it and there are plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and bars close by; the Towers Rotana hotel is one block away. There's also a little supermarket round the corner and an onsite café, which rather conveniently delivers room service or soft drinks and food to the poolside.

I also would make the point that in terms of star rating Chelsea Towers is far superior to Golden Sands.

9. Re: 2 bedroom apartment recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:16