We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Airlines

Mississauga, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Emirates Airlines

We travelled from Toronto to Dubai to Singapore back to Dubai than from Mumbai via Dubai to Toronto in January 2013. All theses journeys where by Emerites Airlines. Coming back to Dubai we were given a boarding pass for Toronto and informed we had time to collect some bags we had left in Dubai. When got back, which was at least an hour before take off we were told to stand in a particular line, only to discover it was the wrong line! When we got to the desk we were told they could not book our bags in because we were just late!(with 45 minutes to take off) So the two of us missed the flight and the other 2 members of the family also didnot board the flight. We were held up for two days and were required to pay for flights again! The airline made NO attempt to assist us at all! Total disgusting service. Will NEVER travel with this airline again!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,680 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates Airlines

Another 1st time poster complaining. I wonder if we'll ever see them post again ?.

Why not put the complaint on the Air Travel forum, to which it is much more relevant than the Dubai forum.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates Airlines

You were late -They won't let you board 45 mins before take off.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,434 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates Airlines

Will we ever hear anything sensible from them again. Probably not. Hopefully not!

Mississauga, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates Airlines

We were 1 minute late because we were told to wait in wrong line..read all of it before commenting...

Mississauga, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates Airlines

What r u talking about ...D

Mississauga, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates Airlines

U post it your...D

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates Airlines

You cant check bags in 45 minutes before take off. Its too late.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates Airlines

EK0007 Dubai to London Flight on 20/12/13

As a loyal frequent traveller, I am so sorry to state that Emirate Airlines handles their ‘Economy Class’ customers in Dubai like check-in luggage, with no emotion, no smile, no gentleness but with certain amount of rudeness and underlying threat. My experience in Dubai on 20th December was shocking!

After checking-in, I was standing in the queue for dropping my luggage. The front two wheels of my luggage trolley crossed the yellow line and your supervisor, Mr Anthony, rudely instructed me to pull back my trolley. Due to his rudeness, I responded back by asking him what difference does it make if the front two wheels crosses the line by a few inches. His response was to hold me back from checking-in.

I stood there like a little school boy punished for some obscure mistake. Finally, I decided to check-in despite Mr Anthony but he told the check-in staff not to accept me. It was around 01:00 am and I was tired, just wanted to check-in and leave. So, finally I told Mr Anthony that my crossing the yellow line was a ‘stupid’ mistake and he should accept it as such instead of punishing me.

Mr Anthony, instead of accepting my reasoning, turned around and accused me of calling him ‘Stupid’. He shouted it loud and berated me in front of all the passengers. Told me that he will report it to the police and stop me from flying. He immediately called his supervisor, Mr Yousel Ahmed. Mr Yousef came rushing from another part of the airport, spoke to Mr Anthony and came charging at me. Instead of listening to my version, he immediately accused me of calling his supervisor ‘stupid’. Told me he was going to de board me from the flight and he will make sure that I will never fly with Emirates again. In addition, he will report me to the police since the word ‘stupid’ is a very offensive word in the UAE. He even claimed that he heard me calling the supervisor ‘stupid’ and he could get five witnesses to support him.

Apart from not being able to fly, I was looking at a prison sentence as well. Finally, I had to apologise to Mr Anthony three times for using the word ‘stupid’ before I was allowed to drop my luggage.

For me, this experience with Emirate Airlines was a nightmare – how a simple statement was twisted by your ground staff, either from lack of English skill or extremely poor training, compounded by arrogance – possibly as Arabs in an Arab country, your staff thought they had the license to treat passengers badly with very little risk of any kind of retribution. It was in fact, a sad day for Emirate Airlines – especially when a customer ceases to be a valued passenger but just a commodity – a luggage to be pushed around.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates Airlines

This is not Emirates.

Use this form to complain if you wish to do so.

emirates.com/english/…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emirates Airlines

This is a strange story. Why wait for two month till you start complaining?

20th December was one of the worst days to travel, as it was the first day of school holidays for most private schools adding to normal Xmas travels. The airport touched well on its current capacity limits. So it was really busy with long queues. That can cause unhappiness. And when it gets busy, some people get tight on timing. Therefore the supervisors will sometimes hold back people to priorities people who have to check -in in order not to miss their flights. That creates even more unhappiness.

“After checking-in, I was standing in the queue for dropping my luggage.”

If you check-in at the airport your luggage is checked-in with you. No need to go to the bag drop and queue again. The bag drop is only for those who have checked-in online. As a ”frequent traveler” you know this certainly.

The word stupid is used normally in Dubai (even in newspapers). So whilst offensive if used as an attribute for a person, nobody would call the police and the police would not react neither. The word to avoid is the word starting with f. People can react very strongly on that word. And you seemed having received a strong reaction. And on that word the police would react as well.

So you story sounds really strange and is in part not logical.