We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel on the Palm

Bowling, Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sofitel on the Palm

Can anyone advise me if the new Sofitel on the Palm has any construction works ongoing on or around it at present?

I am thinking of staying there in early September and just want a peaceful, relaxing stay.

Also, is it easy enough to get taxi's to and from the hotel as I realise it is on the outer edge of the Palm?

Many thanks for any info.

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
222 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
196 reviews
from US$231.08*
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,367 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

It has only just opened so there are no reviews on the site yet and I've not seen anyone mention that they have stayed there on the forum.

It is less easy to get taxis out on the palm because you always have to wait until one drops someone off as there is no passing taxi traffic - if waiting will spoil your time there then it may not be an ideal place for you to stay.

Bowling, Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

Thanks Latimer, I guessed that getting taxi's might be problematic.

My main concern tho, is the state of the area.

I realise that the hotel is new and just opened, but I wouldn't like to arrive there and find there is still building work ongoing and the place looks like a construction site.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

thenational.ae/business/industry-insights/th…

This article was in The National this week.

Bowling, Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

Thanks for the link swrxp47, quite interesting. I do like the look of this hotel and I think I might just go ahead and book it, if only to say that I've stayed on the Palm!

5. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 16:37
6. Re: Sofitel on the Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17