We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel in Dubai

Bury, Lancs
Level Contributor
13 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel in Dubai

Our travel agent has recommended the Arabian Park hotel but from looking ourselves we quite like the look of the Chelsea Tower suites and apartments. The only reason we might go with the Arabian Park is that they have a shuttle to the airport, beach and shopping malls. As we have never visited Dubai before that seems the best option transport wise. We are a party of 3 so a two bed apartment would suit us better. If we choose the Chelsea Tower, would it be easy to get around ? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. We are there for two days.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
41 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Chelsea Tower Suites & Apartments has a good location, it is right next to a metro station and at a close distance from the city's main attractions. Once you are next to a metro station, you are well connected in the city and you can go anywhere I guess. Dubai has a really good public transportation system. So I would say go ahead if you like that accommodation.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel in Dubai

I wouldn't worry too much about any hotel offering shuttle buses as taxi's are cheap and easily available at the airport, malls or outside any hotel. Considering you are only staying for 2 days i would make a summary of the places you want to visit and pick something that is central to those so you can make the most of your time.

Bury, Lancs
Level Contributor
13 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Thank you so much.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Cannot recommend Chelsea Towers highly enough. Have stayed twice in the last 2 months. Centrally located for everything.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Arabian Park isn't the best location wise, I wouldn't pick it.

Chelsea Towers is far superior accomodation wise, you are more centrally located and public transport whether by metro or taxi is easy enough to get from here.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Chelsea Towers is a much better option, don't be swung by the free shuttle service as you can get to other places quite easily by metro and as the others have said taxis are cheap.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,762 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Definitely Chelsea Towers for location, much more central. I've stayed there too, albeit a few years ago

Arabian Park is a bit 'in the middle of nowehere' and taxis are harder to come by there, whereas Chelsea Towers has the metro station right outside and passing taxis all the time

Bury, Lancs
Level Contributor
13 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel in Dubai

Thank you everyone, I appreciate you taking time to help. I think my instincts were right but nice to have it confirmed.

9. Re: which hotel in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 06:17