We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

Leeds
5 posts
Save Topic
Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

I have been watching the flights for a while and do seem to fluctuate regularly. They have been as low as £1100 for 2 adults and a child to currently around £1500+. Is there a chance they may drop again as they have done previously? Or does it look like I'm going to pay £1500?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

Flight prices get more expensive as time goes on and demand grows so the cheapest flights sell out first.

You could wait until Emirates have a sale in September but they may not be as low as £1,100 again and if they have no reason to put those flights on sale they won't.

This is one of those questions that no one can give you a definitive answer for and you have to make your own choice

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

Hi!

I may be able to answer that for you as we have flown early December with emirates for the past few years.

In the past I always booked as soon as the flights were released - early February.

A few times through the year I would check again to see if prices had changed much and there was really no difference at all.

This year we are flying early December again and this time I didn't book until May. I did however check the prices as soon as they were released - and the difference - for 2 adults and a child - was a total of around £50.

So my experience is that it doesn't seem to make too much difference early on - however - I've never left it until the last minute so I can't say if that would make a difference or not although I would imagine that as demand goes up so would the charges.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

Do Emirates normally have a seat sale in September each year ?, I will definitekly be watching out for it,

Flight prices are so unpredictable &even inexplainable at times. Normally I would book 9 months in advance (for Newcastle to BKK), but Emirates prices have consistently remained much higher this year than in previous years, & haven't showed any sign of dropping at all.

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
277 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

Check on emailflights.com Fab prices and about £180 per ticket cheaper than buying direct from Emirates.

Used them at Xmas NCL to DXB and saved £800 on four tickets !

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

I would wait a bit longer as I doubt they'll go higher than £1500 they're due a sale but also check out Etihad as they are sometimes lower and have the shuttle bus service to Dubai. Use the Matrix or skyscanner websites to check the prices/schedules and sign up for a flight alert when prices drop.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

www.skyscanner.com

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
306 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

I booked my flights London to Seoul with a change of plane in Abu Dhabi outbound and a 4 day stopover in Dubai on the way home for the first 2 weeks in October just before xmas last year - paid £650 which I thought reasonable

Just put the same dates into etihad online and the price is £514!

I'll stop shouting at my screen some time tomorrow I guess! :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,602 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

I agree with Latimer. I also heard that EK raised fares just recently so I checked 2 of my existing booking prices. Sure enough for exactly the same flights, prices to Mauritius had gone up by £98 pp and to Tokyo by a lot more.

EK has also increased the fuel surcharge on awards flights:

ausbt.com.au/emirates-increases-fuel-surchar…

8. Re: Best time to buy emirates flights to Dubai for early Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:16