We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

I am looking for a beach hotel for the above prices, I am thinking of coming in late September or October for 4/5 nights. I have been twice before to Dubai and am really looking to have a rest in the sunshine for a few days not really bothered about to much sightseeing. Will I find any where half decent with my budget as I know its quite low,or would I be better staying in the city I quite like staying near the Burj Khalifa area. The hotel I stayed in before the Qamardeen has been taken over and the prices appear to be an awful lot higher than last year!

I have had a look but am giving myself a headache! the Al Hamra Fort hotel has been recommended?

Thanks Deb

Edited: 17 June 2013, 08:48
Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

Al Hamra Fort is not in Dubai, it is in Ras al Khaimah just over one hour drive from dubai. It is nearing the end of refurbishment after being taken over by the Hilton group. if you are not bothered about sightseeing it would fit the bill

Edited: 17 June 2013, 10:15
uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

Yes I knew it was away from city, thanks, I have friends who have been there, but think I was being swayed by the negative reviews!

Deb

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

I very much doubt you will find anything on the beach in your budget but you could go for a city hotel with a nice pool - would be surprised if you get any of the hotels close to Burj Khalifa either at that time of year but I've not checked prices.

I've stayed a Al Hamra Fort (before refurbishment) a few times and liked it, mainly because of the watersports. The food was very average but you have got a small mall nearby with restaurants. They also have a very large lagoon area which is great for beginner kayaking, wind surfing etc if that's of interest.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

Thanks Kali, I'm trying not to go over budget as I have a big trip planned for next year, I would just like to sit in the warm sunshine and recharge my batteries for the winter, so think I will have to decide wether to travel an hour out of city to beach or find a reasonably priced hotel in city with a nice pool.

Deb

5. Re: Beach hotel for £100/125 or 600/700 dirhams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16