We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond help please,,URGENT!

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Topic
Diamond help please,,URGENT!

Im currently in Dubai and visited Gold and Diamond Park,,,the best price i got was a 0.70 carat D VS1 x x x for 12000dhm....is this a good price? it was not easy to haggle...should i ask for more dicount? its a IGI diamond,...is GIA diamonds better?

please do reply..:) thanks for your kind help in advance...

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

No idea if it's a good price or not.

Ask for the same specification in a few more shops and haggle until you get the price you want.

designsbyindigo.co.uk/page/page/1880215.htm

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

Wether it is a good price is really down to you. If you like it and are willing to pay for it then it is a good price. There are diamonds and there are diamonds.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

Best to visit a few then decide.

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

I did visit a couple of shops...and this was the best price i got...but i feel its a ok deal...should i try to haggel more...will it be possible? It doesnt seem like they are willing to reduce the price further...

But at the same time this is a unique diamond...and i dont know if all the people who do talk loudly about good deals..what kind of diamond they actually buy...

Anybode know if GIA n IJi is same quality diamond?

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

GIA certified diamonds are recognized as better than IGI ( The latter being the most common in Dubai ). A grade D IGI is likely a Grade E GIA

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,012 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

Dubai is a good place to buy diamonds as the prices are competitive and there is no VAT.

Besides going to different shops you can also check out some websites giving you a price idea of a diamond. Just google a bit.

You will need however a bit more information than you have given in your question. The cut is very important as well. Not only the shape but also if the cut of the stone will result in the maximum amount of light reflected.

Finally try to get a stone which is not precis 0.7 but 0.71 or 0.72. The stones cos less.

7. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 12:05
8. Re: Diamond help please,,URGENT!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:19