We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

Stopping in Dubai for 3 nights on the way home from Australia in November. Will be with my fiancée and it is our first time in Dubai. Currently looking at which hotels to book.

After deciding that the area that we wish to stay in is either the Mall or the Marina, I have come to the not so short short-list below. Any input and opinions welcome.

Marina -

Ocean View Hotel,

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach,

Ramada Plaza Jumeirah,

Bonnington Jumeirah.

Dubai Mall -

Four Point by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road,

Dusit Thani,

Rose Rayhaan by Rotana,

Al Murooj Rotana,

Radisson Royal,

Ramada Downtown.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

Personal preference from your list would be

Al Murooj Rotana

because I like the styling and it is close enough to walk to Dubai Mall. It is also far more central than any of the hotels at the Marina

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

That is a strong contender. Think the mall area is winning ahead of the marina slightly.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

This is November, so if you like some sunny chill time by beach.. then Marina... If you plan a busy city break... shopping, city tour then downtown.

Marina; any of your choice except Bonnington... nice hotel.. good cheap brunch but not in Marina.. it's JLT.

Downtown; as per Latimer...

4. Re: Which downtown or marina hotel to pick from my short-list?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:16