We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai, on a budget

Oxford
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai, on a budget

Hi

I've seven nights in Dubai starting on August 11th.

I'd like advice on a hotel that's near a metro, wifi and laundry facilities and I'm looking at a budget of GBP300 ish

Any experience or recommendations?

thanks in advance

andrew

Edited: 23 July 2013, 23:09
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai, on a budget

You won't find self service laundry facilities in Dubai. You'll find apartments with a washing machine and you'll find laundries were you leave your washing and it's done for you.

To be near a metro then look at a 1 bed studio type in Deira or Bur Dubai and try booking.com for prices

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,355 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai, on a budget

Don't be tempted to stay at the Eureka hotel, even though its cheap. Its an awful place, & don't let them have your credit card at reception as well, you may well find extra spending on it when you return, as I did (the hotel was the only place on my last trip where I used my card, the fraudulent transactions started within 12 hours of checking in)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
350 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai, on a budget

300 GBP for a week?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
350 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai, on a budget

Its Eid weekend so you may struggle lots of visitors from other GCC regions visit to celebrate Eid but check out booking.com

Oxford
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai, on a budget

Thanks for all the tips, and yup, GBP300 for the week

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
350 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai, on a budget

Ok, for the week if you go on bookiong.com and put your date sin then filter by price, i would then carefully check the hotel reviews on trip advisor and maybe come back and ask some questions once you find a specific hotel you think is right for you.

Probably the Diera /Bur Dubai area would be better / maybe within 300 budget.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
350 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai, on a budget

The City Max in Bur Dubai is AED 1775 for your dates but i dont know where this one is.

http://www.citymaxhotels.com/booking-calendar

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai, on a budget

Try this price comparison website but Dubai is not a cheap holiday place so don't know what you will get for your budget.

www.hotelscombined.com

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,891 posts
1,773 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai, on a budget

You can use laterooms.co.uk, sort by price and then check the reviews on TA. If you are brave, you can try out hotels for less than £300!

10. Re: Dubai, on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17