We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

Please guys do not book with this agency! Save yourself from the grief!! I have had two weeks of misery with this company! Failed to deliver to their promise of their initial quote. I now have been left with no hotel and 3 weeks before my holiday! Please save yourself from the bother!you will be disappointed

Noth of England
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

A little more outline detail please. Would thus help others to avoid similar pitfalls.

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

The company is extremely unreliable. The customer service provided with unexceptable. Took me 3 days to get through to a manager who was able to provide me with an update on my reservation. On numerous occasion, requested a call back and email response and recieved NOTHING.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

Just seen this post as about to book my 3rd holiday with Value Added Travel/Luxury Holidays To, and wanted to check what people were saying. Ive always found them to give good service and have much cheaper prices than some other companies the main reason i book with them. They were a bit slow to call me back but with the quote initially (this time round) but I didnt havent experienced any other problems with them before. I booked with Ian this time.

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

I spoke with 3 members of staff. Took them 3 days after confirming payment to let me know that the price they quoted was for a deal which had in fact expired! Chased them through email and several phone calls! Was a nightmare and I am now left with no hotel and due to depart in 3 weeks! Failed promises!

Merseyside
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

I used Valueaddedtravel for our recent holiday to Dubai and have nothing but praise for them, in fact I had a bit of a financial problem when my holiday balance was due, but they allowed me a few more weeks to pay, which was extremeley good of them to do so.

6. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 16:17
Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

I have just had a horrendous experience with Luxury Holidays To Ltd... they booked us on a different flight to the one they sold to us... they refused to correct the problem as it would cost them money, so we were left with the prospect of a 7 hour+ wait at the airport, thereafter missing our transfer to the island and god only knows where we would have stayed as would have been stuck at Male airport overnight, AND losing a day in the resort (which was only a week holiday so would have been a complete waste of £3800). They threatened to put the phone down on me and refused to help further - not at all addressing our concerns about where we would stay overnight in Male airport... It was really terrifying, and ruined the start of a holiday (which was supposed to be a treat after a year of severe illness). Emirates came to the rescue and put us on the flight we had been sold originally, and did it all free of charge. They informed us that Luxury Holidays To Ltd had mis sold a product, through misrepresentation, which is is against the law. We are awaiting a response from them regarding our complaint, but I have a feeling they are all too familiar and not at all intending to compensate us (or Emirates who picked up the pieces). Be warned, there are definitely a few cowboys/idiots working there even if not all of them are like that... so it's pot luck if you get a good employee dealing with your holiday or a crap one... but if you're unlucky they certainly won't help you out!

Leicester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

I was about to book a luxury holiday for our 25th anniversary , until I read the reviews on the company!! Thinking of looking somewhere else. Any thoughts and recommendations?? Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

Why don't you try letsgo2 or best at travel! Fab rates! Also Otel.com do some fab rates and extra 5% off if u like their facebook status.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: value added travel OR Luxury Holidays To Ltd

Hi, I haven't used a luxury holiday travel agent before so have no experience of anyone else unfortunately... but I would say the Secret Escapes team were really nice when I told them what had happened, and they were disgusted that Luxury Holidays To Ltd had effectively stolen their business when they took my booking... completely dodgy company, or at least a awful, sly employee of theirs clearly working on commission... Unfortunately his colleague who was supposed to help us when we were stuck at the airport turned out to be a nasty piece of work too, so haven't got a good word to say about Luxury Holidays To Ltd!!!