We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing day out from Dubai!

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing day out from Dubai!

I was intending to visit Musandam as part of my Oman trip but this beautiful blog post makes me think I should do it from Dubai. Though it sounds like a long day!

Has anybody done this as a day trip?

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing day out from Dubai!

Yes it's perfectly doable as a day trip! Yes it is a long day and you will need transport! You could also spend a night there easily it's so beautiful and the Dhow cruise is not to be missed. There is full day or half day cruise.

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing day out from Dubai!

You can do it as a long day trip from Dubai - if you don't have your own transport there are lots of tour companies who offer day trips that include a dhow cruise - some of them you can stay overnight on the dhow. If you have time and transport, it is really worth spending a couple of days up there to explore the mountains as well as the coast line - there are a few hotels in Khasab or you can camp if you have equipment.

If you want to do it as part of your Oman trip, it will take some time but could be a nice way to see the coast if you take the ferry there and maybe fly back to Muscat, or see if you can find some transport to take you back to Dubai by road (not sure if there is any bus service). It depends a bit on how much time you've got and what you like doing.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing day out from Dubai!

I can confirm that this is one of my favourite trips although it is easier for me as I live in Ras al Khaimah. Strange as it may be but this trip is in fact easier to do from Dubai than from Oman. Mussandam is an Omani enclave on the tip of the Arabian peninsular and is some distance from Oman. Easy enough to do under your own steam but this company organises tours from Dubai and is highly recommended http://www.khasabtours.com/

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing day out from Dubai!

can you do this next week

5. Re: Amazing day out from Dubai!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:17