We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banned prescrition drugs.

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
banned prescrition drugs.

My husband would like to take me to Dubai on holiday I take the same medication as the lady who was arrested a few years back for traveling with her temazepam I am petrified of getting the wrong information regarding my prescription, is there somewhere or someone out there that can help. I have put him off traveling to Dubai ever since I heard that news item.

.please help.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: banned prescrition drugs.

The media have blown this 'medication' subject out of proportion. There are normally other reasons why people get arrested. All you need to do is take a copy of your prescription. If people didn't take their medication with them some of them would die, so it's essential.

There have been numerous posts regarding this in the past couple of weeks. You can search for them using the search facility box above your post, but you're worrying for nothing.

Prescription, pack your meds in hand luggage in case luggage gets delayed and enjoy.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: banned prescrition drugs.

thank you for your response to my question re prescriptions maybe your right the media de blow things out of proportion, but at the same time I just want to know I have checked all the facts before I even think of going

to Dubai.

I will speak to my doctor regarding a covering letter just to be on the safer side

thank you again for taking to the time to answer my question.

3. Re: banned prescrition drugs.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21