We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Hi all,

got two comparable offers from both hotels, Kempinski is somewhat less expensive though.

I understand the reviews, but they obviously don't relate to the offer one got so it is hard to judge.

Please give me your thoughts!

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,729 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
216 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,411 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
192 reviews
from US$231.08*
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,814 posts
1,904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

I have seen the Kempinski Palm, it looks good but has mixed reviews and there is building work next door as the connecting hotel is being built,

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of that, but if their offer is comparable to the one I got form the grosvenor house (my main alternative), which would you choose?

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

There are pro's and cons to both.

GHH - older, smallish rooms and the pool does get shaded however you have access to its sister beach hotel. Better located than The Kempinski and I think the service and standards will be better. The newer tower is the better choice but I expect more expensive.

Kempinski - I've never stayed here but I can say it has a beautiful lobby, it has its own grounds and beach but it is far out on The Palm and I don't think Kempinski service is as good as GHH.

It depends on the price as to which one I'd go for - I've stayed on The Palm and it isn't as far out as you think but it's not as good a location GHH.

I think the best located hotel on The Palm is The Fairmont, as its fairly close to the mainland and has a few things within walking distance - perhaps get a price for this hotel.

If your choice is between these two hotels only, they are both excellent go for the better deal.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Thank you for your explanation, I appreciate it.

Service is my main concern. I am afraid I will have unexperienced staff at the kempinski.

Kempinski is slightly cheaper, but the difference is really small.

Big advantage is direct beach access, but again, I am worried about the serivce and standards as you pointed out...

I already asked the fairmont but is nowhere near the offer I got from GHH and Kempinski.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 12:48
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

If the difference in minimal then go for the GHH - don't worry about the beach access, its sister hotel is literally a few mins in a shuttle bus and has a beautiful beach, nicer than The Palm.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

To be exact; the difference is 200 euro.

Which on the entire 7 night stay over christmas isn't that much.

Would it be worth that? I would be having a two bedroom apartment in Tower One at the GHH.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,814 posts
1,904 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

For 200 Euros I would go for the GHH. Maybe look at the Jumeriah Zabeel Saray which is 800 metes from the Kempinski.

The Fairmont Palm is located more near the entrance of the palm, still not much around there.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Zabeel Saray again not an interesting offer.

I was wondering about the outdoor facilities of the GHH, can you have breakfast outside?

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Opt for the GHH rather than the Kempinski for 200Euros- you won't regret it. I have been to both and GHH wins hands down unless your primary concern is having a beach outside your room which is the only reason I could think of for picking Kempinski over GHH. (You still get beach access at La Royal Meridien with GHH).

The food, service, location- everything at GHH is miles better. No contest.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kempinski Palm Jumeirah vs. Grosvenor House

Thank you for your reply.

Can you have breakfast outside at the GHH? Also I am wondering if it is an issue that I will be staying at tower one... How do the beaches compare; I mean the kempinski seems smaller and more private instead of the huge, and seemingly high density grounds of the LRM?