We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding recommendations?

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding recommendations?

Im staying with family in Dubai in September and would lke to go on a desert hack. Ive been looking online at a few stables but was hoping for a bit of guidance and feedback from anyone on here? So far Ive looked at Mushrif Equestrian club and Emirates equestrian centre,has anyone used these? I used to ride regularly when I was younger but havent been for a good few years and would love to go whilst in Dubai.

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

No replies yet :(

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
78 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Al Maha Desert Resort offers amazing horse riding in the Conservation Reserve. I would give that a shot

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Horse riding is not a common question on here but there are recommendations from previous years if you put horse riding in the search engine

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Thanks, I had done a search on here but was a bit unsure how relevant the information would be as it was a few years old,hence the fresh request. I will have a look at Al Maha though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Hi sorry cant help with recommending anywhere to ride, I ride regularly at home in England and what I will say is I think you'd struggle with riding in the heat & humidity. We've just returned & I wouldn't have got any enjoyment from riding its a struggle to even walk 100m let alone go riding. Sorry not much help & only my opinion :-)

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Ask on one of the expat forums maybe they will be able to answer better ..

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

You can contact the Dubai Polo and Equestrian club: www.poloclubdubai.com/en/category/equestrian/

As mentioned you need to go very early before it is hot.

Also they most likely would like to see you first riding before letting you go out.

Very good club a bit outside the city (just opposite the Arabian Ranches).

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

Im staying at the Ranches so will pop over to the Polo club and talk to someone, thanks.

9. Re: Horse riding recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:23