We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to call a taxi?

Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
How to call a taxi?

The question actually is: can I rely on a taxi to come when I book one ahead of time by phone? We are going to stay in a vacation apartment and I don't know whether the building has a concierge service.

We are two parties and the departure times are pretty uncivilized. One party will need a taxi at around midnight, the other party at around 06.00 a.m. on a Friday morning.

Will it be a problem to get a taxi at these times, particularly on a Friday?

Any reliable taxi companies that you might want to recommend? Do the dispatchers generally speak good English, so there won't be any misunderstandings?

We are seriously considering a rental car for the trip to the airport, but I am not sure what I should worry more about: unreliable taxi drivers or the crazy driving style in Dubai.

Btw we are going to stay at Al Fattan Marine Towers on the Walk. Does anybody happen to know whether there is a 24/7 taxi stand nearby?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to call a taxi?

Taxi's available 24/7 right outside the front door , you will have no problem

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to call a taxi?

Taxi are good and reliable.

Dubai Call Center number is: +97142080808

If you have a local number, they call you back once the taxi is ready.

If you will use them frequently, I recommend to register yourself with the call center. Then you can call them an order a taxi by automated service.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,848 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to call a taxi?

You won't have a problem 24/7 getting a taxi on the road outside Al Fattan.

I'd rather rely on that than booking one

4. Re: How to call a taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:19