We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

Hi all

My husband wants to go to Dubai to visit close family. We are going to try and combine a bit of a holiday at the same time, we have a little boy who is 2. I would not normally consider all inclusive, but with a little one I don't fancy venturing far from the hotel and I also don't want to pay Atlantis rates. The Movenpick and JA Jebel Ali were the 2 I was looking at, both AI (would be coming on 26 December for 10 nights). Both look nice (There is a difference of about £1k between the two) but is there one better over the other? We like having nice meals (hence worried about AI buffet style meals!!) and will probably just want to chill out with our son. Many thanks for the suggestions!

Bahrain
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

Personally, I would prefer a spot nearer to Ibn Battuta. At least you are near something. The JA is a bit far and there is nothing around it. To get anywhere, you either drive or call a cab. Whereas in the Movenpick, if with kids, you can walk over to see movies or kids play area in the Ibn Battuta mall or if you want to explore, the metro is right next to it.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

The JA is on it's own stretch of beach, whereas the Movenpick IBN Battuta has no beach but does give access to Oceana beach resort on the palm 20 minutes away.

Movenpick IBN Battuta is easier for getting to the rest of the city whereas JA is more isolated and has more of a resort feel to it.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

The JA has a more family feel to it , food at both is excellent. I would say the rooms at the Movenpick are more business like . Like Nasseer A says you just have to walk over the road to the shops and the Metro. You cant go wrong with either but if I had a 2 year old I would probably say Ja and you can get the free bus to Atlantis and Battuta Mall .

4. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 20:18
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

I would agree with post 3 .food at both is excellent although i think better at JA, book a room in the palm tree court wing it is fantastic

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

With a 2 year old then JA without a doubt, they have fantastic kiddies facilities, There Creche is outstanding as are the staff who are trained by the Worldwide Kids Company. Our little girl loved Jasmin who is one of the Nursery Nurses.

Food and Drink is truly outstanding with very little restriction. Only suggestion I would have is to take a room at the Palm Tree Court or a superior room at Jebel Ali just for the extra space in the room.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

There are also 4 Al a Carte restaurants on site, the only restrictions are some are adult only on certain evenings and you have to book in advance, other than that it is just like going anywhere for a meal but then not having to pay for it at the end.

london
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

Hi

We stayed @ JA in April and we had a 2 yr old and 7 yr old among our group, it's definitely great for families and both children enjoyed the kids club. Although there is a buffet restaurant (excellent choice) there are also other restaurants included that are typical waiter service and the only thing that's not included is Lobster and Champagne! There's also a stables which you can visit with children and the pools and grounds are great for families and also on its own private beach. We usually stay at JBH or LRM but as we took children the AI was such great value for families and although not as central as these, the JA runs a free courtesy bus to many malls and cabs are very cheap so getting about is not a problem either. I

I would definitely go JA as more geared for families and is so spacious it's more of a resort

Linda

9. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 07:50
10. Re: Movenpick Battuta vs JA Jebel Ali?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:33