We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better of the two hotels?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Better of the two hotels?

What are your thoughts, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi or Fairmont The Palm for a five night stay from November 12th to the17th before our trip to Italy as we will be celebrating our 40th birthday. :-)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better of the two hotels?

I'd go for Meiriden Mina Seyahi because it's on the mainland but that's just my personal preference.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Better of the two hotels?

Thank you for that Latimer

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,331 posts
1,839 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better of the two hotels?

Meridian Mina Seyahi is a very good hotel, stayed there a few years ago. Good rooms and good food. However, Fairmont is a more prestigious hotel brand, the one in the palm has better rates to attract the punters, its location is more on the trunk of the palm.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Better of the two hotels?

I'd go for The Fairmont but both are excellent hotels.

Mina Seyahi has just been refurbished and it has excellent grounds however The Fairmont is a step up in terms of luxury as Preston Traveller points out The Fairmont is on the trunk road so it's not actually that far out and I would say has more around it within walking distance that The Mina Seyahi.

The shoreline apartments on The Palm have a few cafes and bars dotted amongst them which non residents can use so you are not entirely out on a limb here as they are not far to walk from The Fairmont.

Edited: 08 September 2013, 13:45
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Better of the two hotels?

Thank you so much for your opinion as it is most appreciated. Yes I am in two minds lol!

6. Re: Better of the two hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:18