We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

I am looking at visiting Dubai for a holiday with my girlfriend.

How much is food and drinks etc in bars? Is it expensive or reasonable? Also are taxis expensive?

Is it a safe place to visit on holiday with lots of things to do? We are just a little nervous RE public display of affection as i know this is very strict over thier.

Thanks

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

Have a read down the right hand side of the page >> top questions on Dubai

it depends where you eat but its cheap enough in malls and some cafes /restaurants

taxis are cheap and there's plenty of them

its very safe

and as long as you don't go over the top you can hold hands hug and even a peck on the cheek

go for it and enjoy its not as bad as some make out ..

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

The bars are in the hotels and yes quite pricy but there are usually happy hours

Edited: 12 September 2013, 16:37
England
Level Contributor
68 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

There are places to eat for every budget from fast food restaurants to a meal in the Burj and everything inbetween! Alcohol is expensive yes but as previous post says many bars offer happy hours.

Taxis are very cheap and the best way to get around Dubai.

Dubai is very safe and I have never felt otherwise there.

There are endless things to do in Dubai,it really is a fab place to visit! Im going again soon and cannot wait!

4. Re: Prices for food and drinks in Dubai - Expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18