We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Village Questions

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Global Village Questions

Hi -

I just saw something that said Global Village is beginning on Oct 5 and is located at Dubailand.

So -

1) Is it usually open every day and what are the hours generally?

2) Is there a least busy or more busy time?

3) What does it cost to get in?

4) Where is Dubailand? How long would it take for us to get there by taxi from Le Royal Meridien?

5) It is our 1st trip to Dubai and have just a week - do you think it is worth the time to visit?

Thanks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Village Questions

The reviews for it are mixed from fantastic to don't bother

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g295424-…

If it does open 5 Oct then that's earlier than previous years. It is open every day from 4pm till midnight and 1am at the weekend.

It costs around 10 dirham per person to get in.

It is busiest at weekends and in the evening.

Dubailand doesn't exist as it was originally intended to do so - it was supposed to rival Disney but then the financial crash happened and all work was put on hold. The global village is set up every year on land that was intended for Dubailand so if you get a taxi (which you will have to do as there's no other way to get there) ask for Global Village.

From your hotel it will take around 30 mins by taxi and best advice is to leave before it closes if you don't want to end up in a huge taxi queue.

Not sure I would go if I only had a week but only you can decide if it would be worth it for you to go. They have a web site but it isn't functioning yet - which makes me wonder about the 5 Oct opening. It's usually much later in October or even November but maybe they are opening earlier because of the opportunity of trade during the Eid holiday.

Here is a post about it from last year. The link to the website will just take you to a coming soon page but you can read the other posts

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k58…

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Village Questions

Its opening from 5th October - 1st March just had a look on their facebook page lol

we went last year and really enjoyed it mainly for the atmosphere even though we enjoyed the countries we visited,

I wouldn't say they all sell authentic stuff and a lot of the counties sell the same tat but it was good to see,

the food court was good we had a nice Chinese meal,

we got a taxi from Union Square in Deira and it cost 60 dirhams each way plenty of taxis when we came out we didn't have to wait ..

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
772 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Village Questions

Generally the Global village is very busy during Eid time and Fridays. Its also gets busier as December starts and is less busy in November. All other days apart from Friday are tolerable

Also it involves a lot of walking as it is very spread out and most people end up walking more than they expected.

I will say try to see everything else you plan to in Dubai and then if you have a spare evening towards the end you can go and have a look.

The last few years they have started along with the Eid Adha holidays to capitalize on the huge influx from Saudi Arabia and also local residents.

I guess this will stop in 2-3 years time as it will not be worthwhile opening it in September's heat

England
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Village Questions

I agree with Rover82, do everything else you want to do in Dubai and go to GV if you have a few hours spare after that. I first went in 2005 and had a great time and have been twice again since then, most recently 2years ago, but have found its starting to lose its originality,alot of the stalls sell tat which dont vary much from country to country,but visually its vibrant,especially at night.

5. Re: Global Village Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18