We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating advice on emirates!?

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Seating advice on emirates!?

Hi

I am traveling to mauritius via dubai in 10 days, I am going with emirates on the boeing 777 300ER. My question is I was fairly blessed in the hip department so airline seats aren't very comfortable at the best of times! I just wondered if anyone knows whether the seats at the back of the plane (46 & 48) have a solid armrest? I just need to know as if they do I need to move my seats! :) Thank you

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
220 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
194 reviews
from US$231.08*
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,995 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

What do you mean by a solid armrest?

When travelling in economy I always prebook 47A/B or 47J/K as these are just two seats.

Seat configuration in the 777 ER are 4-3-4 until rows 46 back when they become 2-4-2.

46B and 46J I think are narrower as they have the armrest in the seat because there's not tray table in front.

47 to 49 or 50 depending on the aircraft have normal armrests I think.

They are suitable for disabled according to the seating plans.

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Thank you for your reply, by solid I mean when they have the tray tables in them. So you have no room under the armrest to "spread" :)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Have you looked at seatguru.com ? might help you.

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Thank you for your reply, that site was really great. I think I'm making my nerves worse by looking into this stuff!! :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,995 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Only 46B and 46J have tray tables in the armrests - the rest don't except for the ones in the bulkheads - I was moved to one of those once and although more room it was cramped yes - less room because of the stored tray table.

So book 47 backwards.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 22:43
Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

I travelled yesterday on the 777 300ER and I was seated in 47A and my partner was in 47B and the armrest was moveable.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,785 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Above postings are certainly right.

However there are some other points to take into consideration. The seats / rows close to the galley and lavatories can be noisy and busy. If you would like to sleep, then this are not the best seats.

Air is coming in at the front of the aircraft and leaves at the back. Hence the further back you are, the less fresh is your air, but the warmer the cabin.

Also food choice in the last rows can be limited and deboarding will take more time as you are the last to exit.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,995 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Certainly a point but when we deplaned in August in DXB at a remote stand they brought steps up to both forward and rear doors so its not always a problem ;)

Also sometimes they've served food from both back and front simultaneously - something else different I noticed this year, though not every time.

The loos are a lot further back and have never been a problem when we have 47A/B.

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Thank you all very much for your advice I really appreciate it! I have moved from 46 to middle row 50. I know I will have restricted reclining but I like the idea of that bit of extra space at the back of the plane where there is a 2.4.2 formation

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,995 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seating advice on emirates!?

Why the middle of the plane? That's a row of 4?