We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing over the counter (doxylamine succinate) through

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bringing over the counter (doxylamine succinate) through

Hi there, I'm flying out to Malaysia tomorrow and I have a connecting flight in Dubai. Now I have heard some horror stories about bringing medication through there. I'll be staying in Malaysia for an extended period of time and I find these help me a lot so would rather not leave them behind. I've checked the banned substances and doxylamine succinate doesn't seem to be on there.

In that case, should I bring it with hand or hold luggage? Or not at all? As I do not have a prescription for them and they are in an already opened container.

If anyone could advise me if there is any point to risk bringing an opened, non-prescribed bottle of over the counter medication then that would help me a lot. Leaning towards leaving them at the moment.

Many thanks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing over the counter (doxylamine succinate) through

There is no banned substance list, just a list of controlled drugs just like every other country in the world such as the UK or Malaysia.

What you have is essentially hay fever medication.

So do one of three things

1. take your opened packet in your suitcase

2. leave your opened packet at home and by a new packet in Boots at the airport and keep it in your hand luggage with the receipt.

3. Don't bother as they are not prescribed there is no risk to health if you don't take them

You won't have heard horror stories on here - it is probably in our top 5 of asked questions and there is no horror just misinformation.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,885 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing over the counter (doxylamine succinate) through

Ditto above.

3. Re: Bringing over the counter (doxylamine succinate) through

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:17