We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Hi We are going to Palm Atlantis in July and I've been reading that drinks etc are very expensive (Way above average ) ... I've read on the hotels TA page that some ppl have taken their own water with them to the restaurants ... I've never done this before anywhere but we are a family of 4 staying for 13 nights half board so this could work out very expensive for just water I'm thinking ... I don't want to and won't spend $40 a night on water :) just wondering if anyone has previously been or can advise thanks .

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Just ask for local water in the restaurants, it is cheaper than Evian or similar and unless you specify local water you will get served imported water, which is more expensive.

Or just ask for a jug of iced tap water, it's perfectly safe to drink.

You can buy large 2L bottles of water in the supermarkets in Dubai very cheaply but I've never heard of anyone taking their own water into a 5* hotel restaurant.

Drinks are expensive at Atlantis but you can buy soft drinks in cans or bottles from the supermarket for use in your room or for alcohol you can buy it in duty free in arrivals at Dubai and have a drink in your room

Edited: 15 September 2013, 16:09
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Latimer l dare say you're right ....surely water bottled or not can't be that expensive ... Believe it or not some reviewers of the palm A have taken their own complimentary water from their room to the restaurants when on 1/2 board cause they say it was really expensive ... l would be embarrassed to pull out my bottles from my bag at dinner lol but l will have to look into it further and see ?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

As I say that's because unless you specify local water you get Evian or similar served. You do get complimentary water in the room and can ask for more if the 50cl bottles they leave are not enough and I would take those to the pool or beach but not to a restaurant.

Expensive place Atlantis, they even charge for the kids club, which is free in other hotels

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

You will pay resort prices when staying at the Atlantis, and of course, that is not cheap, but we thought their prices were consistent with other big resorts. We actually found that their drinks were a bit cheaper than the resorts we have stayed at in Hawaii.

Half board is a great way to go for a family. Breakfast is so plentiful, you will only need 2 meals a day. During breakfast, coffee and juices are included. We usually went to breakfast at 9AM, finish eating about 10AM, then go to the water park, and just eat snacks during the day, then we used our voucher for dinner.

I don't think you should bring outside water to the restaurants, that seems kind of tacky. You can order a big bottle of water to share with the family during the meal (cheaper than buying 4 smaller bottles), and that will come to no where near $40 a night on water.

I don't remember their water prices exactly, but it wasn't outrageous. We bought water for dinner and during the day at the water park. It was VERY hot out during the day in July, you would want very cold water to drink. When you bring the water from your room, that water will get warm, and no one will want to drink it.

They do provide 2 bottles of complimentary water everyday.

UK
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Just came back from Half Board at the Atlantis and it was excellent: I am far from a buffet fan, but Saffron was amazing for breakfast and dinner.

Wine was pretty expensive (£10+ a glass). I THINk that local water was about £5 for a big bottle: not cheap, but then neither are most 5* hotels. I think that "mocktails" etc are over-priced, but that is 5* hotels for you, again.

I would go to a supermarket and stock up on snacks and drinks and live off of those and the complimentary water between breakfast and dinner if budget is an issue.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

£5 per bottle for water is perfectly fine ... l think the TA reviewers must have either been exaggerating or else very mean lol ... They implied it was £40 for water but it must have been wine or something .... I'm so glad you enjoyed it upperclass Chick ... I have booked one of the suites and quite alot of extras are included in that like wifi etc ... We were in Florida this year and spent an absolute fortune on food and drinks as it was room only ( only option ) and l don't like to be penny pushing when on my hols :) So glad were 1/2 board this time !!

UK
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

We were only there for 3 nights, but it was great.

Yes, no way was it anything like £40 for a bottle of water!!!

If you are in a suite you should have imperial club access (so can go there for drinks and canapés etc) and, I think, airport pick-up and return (??? Not sure... Don't get it for standard club rooms...).

If you are staying club, then one option may be having breakfast and lunch half board, some days, and "tea/supper" in the club lounge. We didn't manage to get to the club in the evening to have a look at the offerings, but a LOT of families were using it for tea/dinner/supper... So it is worth a look.

South Africa
Level Contributor
391 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

We stayed half board in June - and ordered a big 1.5litre bottle with dinner every night....it was around AED15-22 - cannot remember exactly - and since we are Skywards Members - we got 15% discount on it anyway!!

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

Hi

We are just back from Dubai NAND we stayed in Atlantis The Palm from 18 to 21 Sep. it's a great place if you are travelling with kids. We went there with our 8 year old son. My experience / feedback are as follows.

1. If you are travelling with kids I suggest you upgrade or take imperial club. It gives you free access to kids' club, list chambers and Aqua Ventures. Further you will have whole day access to imperial club Lounge with snacks and drinks.

2. You will also get two complementary spa access.

3. They give 4 complementary water bottles of 500 ml per day. Our kid made the room quite messy and ewe quested for making our room and realized that every time they make your room they replenish the water bottles. Going by various recommendations we did purchase two 2 lt water bottles from A super market, but one bottle was never used.

4. We used Saffron for breakfast and lunch. They free water and you need to pick them from the counters (beside the juices).

5. The staff are extremely friendly and imperial club has a separate lounge for check in and check out.

6. Net net we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We once ordered Indian food for room service as our kid defused to eat anything. Contrary to our apprehension it was not very highly priced.

7. Though the hotel is a bit far from the main city, availability of taxis are a plenty without any wastage of time at all.

10. Re: Info from anyone that has stayed in Palm Atlantis please ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:16