We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need something to do tonight

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Need something to do tonight

Hi,

I've come to dubai for a few days on my own as a quick stopover before I go to Singapore. I'm staying at the oasis beach tower and really need something to do or go to tonight once the sun goes down. Anybody have any ideas? I tried doing for a lil walk earlier to see if there was anywhere I could go into just for a drink or two but everywhere seemed like a restaurant and was empty. Anybody help me out or even in dubai at he minute with the same problem.

Thanks

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need something to do tonight

Tonight is ladies night in Dubai so bars tend to be quite busy, there are many bars around the marina and The walk but I'd be inclined to take a taxi to Barasti bar which is a popular casual bar alternatively McGettigans in The Bonnington at JLT gets busy. Both serve food also.

If you do not want to go to bars then take a taxi to madinat Dubai or the Dubai Mall and see the fountains.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need something to do tonight

Ladies night is it, why don't they ever do a gentlemans night, I want cheaper drinks ha.

Well I'm going to the dubai mall tomorrow so ill save that for tomorrow. Is any of them places in walking distance from oasis beach tower as "the walk" doesn't seem like its much of a walk .

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need something to do tonight

Rosso at the amwaj rotana is within walking distance but it is quite sedate and more of a 'couples' bar - the bar in the marina yacht club is about a 10 minute walk and is okay.

It depends on what you are looking for ,the bars I've suggested are casual and attract the ex-pat crowd but I would be inclined to get a taxi and head off 'The Walk' as I personally do not think the bars along here are anything special.

I'll hazard a guess your hotel room will have a What's on/Time Out magazine that will give you a full listing.

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need something to do tonight

I would go to the Dubai Mall area and see the fountains and have a bite there. A casual place which has a nice bar area in that 'hood is CLAW in Souk Al Bahar. I've seen lots of people eating at the bar solo.

The Madinat Jumeirah complex is charming and a ten minute cab ride away; from there you can see the Burj Al Arab, take a boat ride around the complex, have a bite or a drink at one of its numerous bars and look around the souk-style shops. Ask the cab to drop you at the Souk Madinat Jumeirah. They even have a theatre there so you might be able to catch something; take a look at www.madinattheatre.com to see whats on.

You can also take a boat ride from the Marina Walk area which could be a nice way of seeing the Palm.

You can also go to the Mall of Emirates and check out the ski slope or go to the older part of Dubai to check out the Dubai Museum and the souks and take an abra (boat) ride on the creek.

It's been quite warm so not sure anything al fresco would work!

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need something to do tonight

Bars that are quite busy and a short walk/cab ride from you in the marina area would include the Buddha Bar at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Frankies in Al Fattan Towers, the bar at Ruth Chris at the Address Marina Hotel (connected to Marina Mall).

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need something to do tonight

The Yacht Club five minutes away from you by taxi (depending on traffic) is always busy and has a great view over the Marina and happy hour early in the evening.

7. Re: Need something to do tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 02:05
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need something to do tonight

OP has long gone - thank you for promoting your company Deborah.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 15:15
9. Re: Need something to do tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:18