We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in January

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
weather in January

hi could anyone please advice me if Dubai would be sunbathing and swimming weather in January ?

thank you

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in January

In Jan (if not cloudy or rainy) the days are nicely sunny. By nicely, i mean the lightly warm nice breezy weather.

for swimming, I think that depends on which part of the world are you coming from. I would swim in Jan or Feb but the water is cold around these days.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,082 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in January

It is warm enough to sunbathe between 10.30 and 3.30 and the temperature is usually early to mid 20soC; outside of those times the sun is too low in the sky and the shadows too long. It may rain but if it does it would be very unusual for it to be all day or more than one day.

The sea is cold but hotels often warm up their pools, depends where you are staying.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in January

Temperatures will be around 20C -25C at mid day and the sea will be around 20C. In the morning and evening the temperature can be around 15C. There will be a few days (2-3) with some rain.

So you will not see too many people sunbathing or swimming in the sea. And in general I would not call this "sunbathing and swimming weather". But then this depends on you.

As said and depending on the hotel the outdoor pools may are heated.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
773 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in January

Apart from Russians and Scandinavian tourists, most tourists do not enjoy sunbathing in January

england
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in January

Thank you for the info, is most hotel swimming pool heated at that time of the year ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in January

You will need to task the hotel. The better hotels do heat their pools or some of their pools.

Again this is something to ask the hotel directly.

For January it would be good to pick a hotel which also have an indoor pool.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in January

For me it's far too cold to swim in the sea in January and not warm enough for sunbathing. But for somebody coming from a colder climate it would probably be OK to lie out in the sun.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,082 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in January

@ Rover

I enjoy sunbathing in Dubai in January and I am neither Russian nor Scandinavian. If you are coming from the UK where temperatures are likely to be between -2oC and 8oC at best then 22oC feels positively balmy.

9. Re: weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:18