We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello eveyone

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hello eveyone

I am new on this forum.I used TA for my caribbean vacation and it was so helpful.So, i am planning to visit a wonderful city of Dubai in march, 2014.My daughter is going to be 18 .So this is goint to be her birthday present.I am also taken 4 family members with us(by the end i wll propably be broke)))))).So, could you guys recommend me where to stay, hotel or vacation rental? and also which hotel? rent a car or just take a taxi? i mean i probably need all advice you guys can give.Thanks a lotttttt.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello eveyone

Sounds great. March is a great time to visit. But it would help if you could give us a bit more information.

How long are you planning to stay?

What would you like to do? Do you want to be at or close by the beach, or are you planning to be active all day around.?

What is your budget around?

An apartment will be much cheaper. This especially if you will be 6 people.

Have a look to your right. The top questions are a good start.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello eveyone

Thanks for respond.We'll probably stay a week.March13-March20.I would love to stay near the beach, but also don't want to be a far away from downtowm. Do you think it is worth renting a car or just take a taxi? I found a couple of very nice apartments for a 2, 300$ a week.Could you recommend a reliable company for renting an apartment?Thank you very very much. Regards, monica

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello eveyone

I don't think it is worth renting a car unless you are intending to travel to other Emirates. Public transport is fine in Dubai.

I would look at hotel serviced apartments such as

Hilton Residence - access to a private beach at the Hilton

Grosvenor House hotel apartments - access to a private beach at Royal Meridien

Or close to Downtown

Chelsea Towers

Ramada Downtown

Four Points Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road

4. Re: Hello eveyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:38