We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

My wife and I are staying over in Dubai for a couple of nights in March and trying to select a hotel that has good access to main attractions & is reasonably priced ($C 200-$250). Not looking for beach hotel or one close to clubs.

Based on reviews, the Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha seems to be good value all around, particularly with proximity to metro, restaurants and mall. Any cons that we should factor into our decision. Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

I think it is a really good option. Really close to the metro, close to a mall for eating out and lovely rooftop pool with a view of the Burj al Arab and the gulf sparkling away in the distance - what's not to like !

I'd opt for a Bed & Breakfast rate if there is one on their web site as their breakfast offering is good and save having to mooch around finding something else and taking time out of your short time there.

Enjoy !

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,056 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

I've stayed here and yes it is a good choice - under 10 mins walking distance to the MOE and metro and a short taxi ride to Jumeirah means its in a good location.

The rooftop pool has great views towards Burj al Arab, Atlantis and Burj Khalifa.

I can't think of any downsides.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

Thanks very much.

I was wondering, Latimer, if you had a short list of Indian restaurants in the general vicinity (walk or short cab ride) of this hotel. While I see they have one (the Gharana) in the hotel, we try to get out for meals when possible.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

I don't but Time Out Dubai has restaurants listed by cuisine style and by area so take a look at this page

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/…indian

and use the filters down the left hand side to sort all restaurants by area and cuisine style.

One thing that Dubai is not short of is Indian restaurants and there is so much choice that I wouldn't necessarily restrict yourself just to AL Barsha.

You will find every sort of Indian and Pakistani restaurant all over the city from high end 5* Indian fusion to street style curry houses where you can eat like a King for the equivalent of 10 dollars.

If you have a desire to try the most recommended 'Indian' (It's Pakistani food) in Dubai then Ravis is Satwa is where you should go. It is legendary. Not licensed and not high end but fabulous food. A taxi there will take around 20-25 mins and cost about 40 dirham.

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/reviews/7696-ra…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

Perfect.

6. Re: Holiday Inn Dubai - al Barsha: A Good Choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20