We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

Melbourne
Level Contributor
125 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

Were thinking of going to the UAE over Xmas.

Would be interested to know how people describe the differences between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

And, how long is long enough to get a feel for each city and surrounds?

Cheers

Rosemary

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,412 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

I think Dubai has a lot more to see and do than Abu Dhabii. Depending on how much you want to see you could see the basics of Dubai in around 2/3 days. An ideal stay for me would be a minimum of 5 days.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 11:40
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

UAE has 7 emirates (like little states in the country) each of which has something interesting to offer. 2 weeks would be good to get a feel of the country.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
125 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

Thank you for replying.

That is quite a difference in number of days. Ill be interested to see what other suggest too.

Cheers

R

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,956 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

Dubai has more things to do than Abu Dhabi. I would suggest a minimum of 5 days in Dubai and 3 in Abu Dhabi.

They are only 90 minutes apart by taxi so you could combine the two quite easily - that's what we did last December with 2 nights in Abu Dhabi and 6 nights in Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
785 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

I generally suggest spending 1 day in Abu Dhabi for every 3 days in Dubai.

If you are here for more than 8 days, a day trip to Al Ain or the East Coast will not be a bad idea.

6. Re: Abu Dhabi versus Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:21