We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Hi,

I am going to Dubai alone (white, English female) and am looking for a 5* Beach Front hotel. Can anyone recommend a safe hotel that is right on the sand, but that I can also walk to restaurants? I am not bothered about shopping. I just want to be able to walk safely to a close restaurant alone. I have been to Dubai before but it was around 12 years ago.

Thank you

MYP
Assendelft, The...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Hilton Jumeirah Beach

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

The vast majority hotels in Dubai are perfectly fine for a lone female traveller but you will feel more comfortable in a beach front hotel as they are geared up for tourists.

Dubai has plenty of 5* beach hotels to choose from and it depends on your budget.

The Hilton as mentioned above, is on the Walk so plenty of nearby places to eat (mainly non licensed restaurants).

Le royal Meridien is a little further away but still within walking distance of The Walk, if you are going in the cooler months this is a good choice as it is a superior hotel to The Hilton.

Again The Ritz Carlton is fabulous and in a good location and not as many kids but will be pricier than those mentioned above.

The Westin and Mina Seyahi have a great stretch of beach and plenty of restaurants within them however there are not as places within walking distance but taxis are cheap.

If your budget allows then The Jumeirah Group of hotels (Jumeirah Beach, Mina a Salam, Al Qasr, DAM) have a large choice of restaurants within its grounds but these hotels are quite family orientated.

Any of the above are a good choice.

The two beach hotels I would avoid are The Habtoor Grand and Marine Beach - these have a few seedy bars and I wouldn't recommend them for a lone female.

Pune
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

when r u planning to go to Dubai....

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Any of the beach hotels are fine for a lone female and Dubai is a very safe city.

I disagree that the Habtoor bar (the Underground I assume?) is sleazy, I've been there alone and had no problems at all. In fact I've never had any problems in any bars in Dubai if I'm alone for a while waiting for friends etc.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

I'll be there multiple times each for a few days in Dec, Jan, Feb and March.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,667 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

If your budget will stretch to it aim for the Jumeirah group of hotels as they have the Souk Madinat to wander around which also offers lots of places to eat at.

If you have multiple stays then perhaps alternate it with the Hilton so you can eat at one of the many restaurants or cafes on the walk.

It's a safe place with some fabulous 5* hotels along the beach.

home
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

I have been residing in the One & Only Royal Mirage for a few weeks whilst my good lady is convalescing after an auto accident. I can honestly say it is a welcoming place and fit for your purpose.

Very sedate, relaxed and a lone female would blend in seamlessly.

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

You have many choices.

If you are looking for 5 stars connected to mall and go place to chill and walk around shops and do attractions and shopping and everything. its better to stay in downtown dubai which has 5 stars hotel such as :

The address downtown dubai

The Address dubai mall

The Palace the old town

Al Manzil hotel

Qamaradeen Hotel

if you want beach and waterpark together as well its 25 minutes by taxi to downtown dubai.. you can go for

Atlantis palm dubai hotel

Jumeira beach hotel

Sheraton jumeira hotel

Hiltom jumeira hotel

Rixos palm hotel

Saray Zabeel palm hotel

these are the best 5 stars hotels and if you want more info, please dont hesitate to ask

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Thank you very much all!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Front hotel for lone western female

Hi Beth i tried to respond to your email regarding Fairmont Abu Dhabi but it wouldnt let me!

I felt completely safe at this hotel it is very western-ised! Everyone around the pool/beach were in bikinis (there was the odd local in what looked like a wetsuit) but i never felt self concious at all. I would say to cover up in the restaurant if you go in the day though. The beach is ok - not the best i have been to, golden sand but lovely view of the mosque. There is a souke/market 15 minute walk away turn right out of hotel. i didnt see any restaurants within walking distance though but taxis are sooo cheap!