We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai stop over

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vow
bristol uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai stop over

2 day stop over on route to Aus,best area to book Hotel budget max125 GBP per night would like 1 day on beach 1 day sight seeing not sure how big Dubai is, how easy to travel around

can we stay near City and Beach ?also how far from airport,best way to transfer from Airport,cost of transfer.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai stop over

I suggest you read the forum, there is a lot of information here and in Top Questions about Dubai on the right side of this screen.

Don't mention it, (you didn't actually), but you're welcome.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai stop over

Here is a map.

…bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/Day_Tour_Aug_…

You are never more than 15 mins by cab from a beach wherever you stay. The map is not to scale so distances are further than they appear. Dubai is 50 kms long but not vey wide.

At that budget you wont be able to stay on a beach but not too far from one. Dubai is very easy to travel around by taxi or metro. The best way to transfer anywhere from the airport is by taxi - can't tell you how long it will take because we don't know where you'll stay.

vow
bristol uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai stop over

Thank you ,can you tell me if deira s a good area to stay please.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,213 posts
1,638 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai stop over

I would stay at the Arabian Courtyard with breakfast which should be within your budget. A short taxi ride to Dubai Mall. They have a regular shuttle to the beach.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai stop over

Deira is not a great place to stay. It's the old part of Dubai and traffic is bad. If you want to stay in old Dubai, near the Creek, then I think the Bur Dubai side is a better choice.

Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai stop over

Hi go for 4* Regent Palace, its opposite Bur Juman shopping mall & next to the Metro Station which you could use to visit Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates or any other point in the city, apart from that you could also looking into booking a package which is all inclusive, Hotel stay, Dubai City Tour, Desert Safari etc.

vow
bristol uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai stop over

Thank you for this Hotel ,ive booked for stop over on my out bound trip.

vow
bristol uk
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai stop over

Thank you wont go to Daira

9. Re: Dubai stop over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18