We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class Lounge

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
79 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class Lounge

Hi Everyone,

We are a couple travelling long haul.

There is no avoiding an overnight transit in Dubai.

We arrive at 19:30 - and depart at 07:10 next morning.

We will be travelling business class on Emirates and will have access to the lounge.

(before you say we must be able to afford a nice hotel room - we are on a very strict budget and using our frequent flyer points for the flight)

My question is.... do you think the lounge is comfortable enough to stay the night?

ie comfy chairs?

Is it open all night?

will we be thrown out on the streets for staying too long?

any advice will be very much appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class Lounge

The lounge is open all night. The chairs are as comfy as most airport chairs. You won't get thrown out on the streets (bizarre question)

My advice would be to spend the money and have a sleep in a bed as I don't think the lounge or the airport is comfortable to stay the night. 10pm till 4am is the busiest time in the airport and the lounge will be mobbed.

It will take around 90 minutes to get out of the airport, maybe less. f you exit terminal 3 you could be in the Holiday Inn Express by taxi in 5 minutes and won't have to be back at the airport till 5am - it will cost around 120 AUS $.

Better that than ruin the start of your trip through tiredness.

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class Lounge

if you are travelling business class on Emirates- you may well qualify for a free night's accommodation from them. If you booked with a travel agent - ask them to check. If you booked yourself, go onto www.emirates.com - then manage my booking - then fill in your last name and your booking reference and you should see an option to book your hotel accommodation. This will only come up once your passport information etc has been correctly inserted too.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
79 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class Lounge

Thank you both for your replies.

We will certainly look into the free Hotel from Emirates option.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,045 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class Lounge

A free hotel depends on class of ticket and other conditions:

emirates.com/english/…dubai-connect.aspx

I regularly use both A and B concourse business lounges and they are comfy enough but you do have a long transit time so look at an hotel stay.

5. Re: Business Class Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:18