We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
EPD
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Hop on Hop Off Bus/cruise terminal

Hi,

We are coming to Dubai in March 2014 on a cruise. We are there 2 days but the 2 trips I want to do are on the same day :-(

We want to do Sharjah but are wondering if it would be possible on the 2nd day to tour Dubai itself ourselves on the hop on hop off bus (either route or both) and does the bus stop near to the cruise terminal (Costa cruises)

Thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop on Hop Off Bus/cruise terminal

There are taxis waiting at Port Rashid for cruise passengers. Having done the Big Bus tour on a previous occasion I have to say I did not rate it in comparison to other countries that do them. You may find it better to make a list of places you want to see and do this by taxi as they are cheap enough to sightsee by this method and readily available at the port.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop on Hop Off Bus/cruise terminal

Here is a previous post that may be helpful.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46778140

EPD
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop on Hop Off Bus/cruise terminal

Thank you very much indeed. I think I will wait and see for this incase the cruise company offers a second city tour for the second day, otherwise will do the taxi thing.

We've been on some brilliant hop-on-hop-off buses all over the world. Sydney and Havana are probably the best but honourable mentions for Warsaw, Helsinki and Belfast,

4. Re: Hop on Hop Off Bus/cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:19