We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

A few years ago, when the Cruise Terminal was downtown, near the Gold Souk, passengers arriving could buy duty-free alcohol when disembarking.

We sailed out of Dubai on a cruise in June 2013, and the terminal was a semi-temporary structure, resembling a circus tent. I did not see any duty-free shop.

We arrive in Dubai in December on a cruise liner. Will there be duty-free alcohol to purchase on arrival, similar to at the airport?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

Is it a bit sad, answering your own question?

However, I emailed Dubai Duty Free, and they no longer have a shop in the Port Rashid terminal.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,289 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

I was hoping someone would have the answer for you when I read the question. Not sure on the facts I didn't reply but when we did the cruise around 3 years ago there was no duty free at the port. Didn't know if things had changed, hence the lack of reply. If you take alcohol on the ship most of the liners will take it off you. I only know of Princess that let you take booze on board. Have a nice time.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

I too did a cruise that arrived and departed from Dubai in April 2010 - it was Royal Caribbean and so no alcohol allowed on board and a temporary structure for embarkation and disembarkation.

I did hear that they were building a proper departure area but haven't been through it don't know the answer

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

We were on a Costa cruise about four or five years ago at Christmas and they had a duty-free liquor shop in the terminal.

But as I said originally, the "terminal" we embarked from in June this year was nothing more than an elaborate air-conditioned marquee, so maybe they are waiting for a permanent terminal to be constructed, so as to put a a duty free-shop within it.

5. Re: Dubai Cruise Terminal Duty Free On Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:19