We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night stop over, early check in?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
1 night stop over, early check in?

Hi all

I am looking for some advice. My partner and I arrive from Singapore at 4:50 and our return journey is the following day at 14:45 therefore we have 1 full day and night and the following morning to spend in Dubai. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations, we are looking for a nice hotel around £200 per night. Do you know of any hotels that offer an early check in? What area should we stay in? Is it easy enough just to jump in a taxi at the airport? This is our first time to Dubai and we are travelling in November.

Thanks in advance

Cheers J

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

Look at Jumeirah Creekside as they have 24 hour checkin and negotiate a rate with then for your time at the hotel..

Otherwise your only option to ensure you have a room on arrival will be to book the night before and the night you are there so two nights.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

There are a lot of excellent hotels along the beach and also away from the beach. Taxis are readily available 24/7 at the airport so whichever hotel you choose, it is not a problem getting to it.

Regarding early check in, in my experience I've found that if the hotel has a room that's vacant then they will let you have it. We arrived at the One & Only at 4am after a flight from Thailand and they gave us a room immediately which was much appreciated.

November is not the cheapest time of the year to be staying in Dubai but you should get a decent hotel for your budget. If it is specifically the beach area you're looking to stay at then The Hilton will be the cheapest. It's a good hotel and close to the walk with lots of places to eat at.

Scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

Thanks I will take a look :-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months on day of arrival; and you fall in the category of being able to get visa on arrival.

Scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

Thanks for the advice :-)

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

We first stayed in Dubai in Nov 07 for a stopover on the way back from Oz, arrived at 7.30 after a 15 hour flight & got a room straight away. Next 3 visits have checked in at usual time.

Arrived at Pullman Hotel attached to Deira City Shopping Cemtre, & 5 mins taxi from airport at 5am today on a flight from Phuket. Let us check in at 6.30, however the hotel is full, & it's now 11.15 & we are still waiting for our room. As Latimer says only guarentee to early check in is book night before. However, it's hardly a hardship lying in the lovely Dubai sun snnozing by the pool!!!!

7. Re: 1 night stop over, early check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 05:15