We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Think we found the best view of the fountains!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Think we found the best view of the fountains!

Just returned from our 4th trip in 18 months and we still love it. We returned to the Grand Hyatt again as we love the hotel and especially pool area. We met a man who works in Dubai, he is in charge of the Dubai Fountains Maintenance . Asked him lots of questions and he was very informative about cleaning, tunnels under etc etc Said I had heard about the little boats that went out so could watch the fountain display from them . He told me how much money they had made (sorry can't remember amount , but was a lot) He then said in his opinion the best view was directly under their control room.Of course I asked where this was He said go into the Mall onto 2nd floor to the large book shop and they have a balcony. So went to check it out. As he said found the huge book shop ( can't remember name) but looked on Mall map and found it easily. Went into the shop and went towards the back and they have a cafe. The entrance to the balcony is off this cafe. We sat and had a drink and looked down on two displays. Very reasonably priced drinks with amazing views. They also had a limited food menu. Hope others find this of use it was the best tip we had this visit

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Think we found the best view of the fountains!

I assume the shop is Bookworld.

I agree, the best views of the fountain are looking down on it rather than at ground level.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Think we found the best view of the fountains!

Yes I agree too.

My favourite view is from Joe's Café on Fashion Avenue

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Think we found the best view of the fountains!

I agree- the view from Kino's Cafe is lovely!

4. Re: Think we found the best view of the fountains!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19