We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Hi! I'll be visiting Dubai alone next month and I'm thinking of going on a day trip to Abu Dhabi. I intend to take the express bus from Al Ghubaiba to Abu Dhabi Bus Station and return by bus as well.

Could someone please help to advise on my itinerary for that day?

1) Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (I intend to reach by 10am in order to follow the guided tour)

2) Emirates Palace Hotel

3) Marina Mall/Tower

4) Corniche

Do I have to pay an entrance fee for any of these places?

Also, would there be enough time for me to hang out at Ferrari World after visiting the places mentioned above? I know some people have mentioned that it's not worth visiting but I love cars and Ferrari so I really do want to go... Should I go on a separate day instead?

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is quite spread out. When you arrive at the bus station you could get a taxi or local bus to the cornice, where Marina Mall and Emirates Palace are located.

There are tours throughout t the day at Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque but it is around 20 mins by taxi, longer by bus from the main bus station.

Equally Ferrari World is on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi and if you head out to there or the mosque then you have to go back into Abu Dhbai to catch the bus back.

This map will help you as you can zoom in and out. Ferrari World is at Yas Island and the mosque is by the airport; the cornice is a fair distance from both.

http://www.abudhabi.com/map/

I really don't think your plan is workable as the bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi does not have any stops and you will pass Ferrari world on your way in.

At best you could go into the city, see the cornice, head out to the mosque and then head back into the city for the return bus but you are doubling back on yourself

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

when are you going?! in early december??

I'm going alone and I live in Singapore as well!!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the advice and map, Latimer! Hmm, sounds like I need to see AD over a couple of days instead.

Hey Andy, yeah I'm going to Dubai in the first week of Dec. Leaving on the 7th though.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
765 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

If you are in Dubai for less than a week, then 2 days in AUH will be too much.

Maybe you can go on a bus but use a taxi for moving around, and for the return trip, that way you can keep Ferrari World as the last destination

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Hi Rover82, that was my alternate plan. Taking the taxi from Ferrari World back to Dubai seems more convenient but it'll definitely add to the cost as well. Being a solo female traveler, I'm a bit cautious on taking long journeys in a cab alone.

I did think of going with a tour group as well, but none of them include Ferrari World in their itinerary, which is why I wanted to go on my own. Looks like I gotta reconsider that option.

Thanks for your help!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

You are perfectly safe as a lone female traveller in a cab. One of the things I love most about Dubai/UAE is that it is so safe. The only other place in the world I feel as comfortable being out and about any time of day or night is Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Kali737, that is very comforting to know, since I'm from Singapore myself. Thanks for the tip!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

Kali737, that is very comforting to know, since I'm from Singapore myself. Thanks for the tip!

9. Re: Solo Day trip to Abu Dhabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:17