We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

Hi there,

I'm sorry, I know this question has been made few times, but I've only found quite old topics. I am flying with Emirates from London to Dubai and then to Chennai. My tickets is for the Economy class and I know I am allowed to 30kg checked baggage and to a size-limited one piece of carry-on baggage.

I would like to know if the crew can make problems for bringing with me on the plane a reflex camera case, a laptop case or a small backpack, a part from the allowed carry-on baggage.

Many thanks,

Leo

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

Laptop or camera case would not be an issue. Backpack if it is large could be a problem but normal ones could be managed on board. Depends on the aircraft - check info online whether it is airbus, or boeing, and which variety. On Dubai-Chennai sector, you can do up to 32 kg if you did self check-in at the airport.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
229 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

In addition to a small suitcase, I took on board another shopping bag that had a fairly large toy car in (bought in Dubai and under strict orders from my 5 year old not to let it out of my sight!) without a problem.

I showed both bags at check in and they said it was fine.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

Many thanks Vasu8 and silveriglracer for both your clear replies.

The aircrafts are a Boeing 777-300ER between Gatwick and Dubai and a Boeing 777-200/ 200ER between Dubai and Chennai. How does this information affect the luggage issue?

Thanks again.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

Will you be breaking your journey and visiting Dubai? If not, check the bag in all the way through.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

The aircraft does not affect your luggage allowance. Emirates operates only wide bodied aircrafts.

You know that you have too much carry on luggage (esp. the backpack). It will depend on check-in. Nobody here can tell you what will happen. You either take the risk or you pack differently.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

If it's a small daypack then you will be fine, that's what I always travel with. I've also taken on additional bags and not had any problems.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

777 means there is adequate baggage room, you will be fine.

8. Re: Extra luggage in Emirates Economy class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 06:20