We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to atlantis

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to atlantis

How to I get to the atlantis hotel? ( apart from taxi) Which is the closest metro station to reach the Palm? Is the palm monorail a good option to get there, and if it is, how can I get to the monorail starting point from the nearest metro station?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to atlantis

Taxi is your best option.

The monorail is expensive to make the same journey and is not linked to the metro.

You could either get the metro to Nakeel station, get off, get a taxi to the monorail station and get off at aquaventure

or

get the metro to Nakheel station, get off, get a taxi to Atlantis (much cheaper than using the monorail)

or

get a taxi all the way to Atlantis from where you are (fastest

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to atlantis

Thanks for the quick reply! I have the entertainer 2 for 1 voucher for the monorail. It's 25 dirhams for a return ticket. Will the taxi be cheaper? (2 ways) I'm just going to the atlantis for the Kaleidoscope buffet lunch.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to atlantis

You have to get to the monorail first so need to add on the cost of the metro and taxi to get there to get a proper comparison.

It's up to you. As I said above you have three or 4 choices.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to atlantis

The advantage of the monorail is that it's a fair way above street level so you see a lot more as you travel through the palm.

Obviously as a tourist, that may be more important to you than it is to a "local"

Whether it's worth the extra cost / hassle is a moot point

Edited: 09 November 2013, 11:16
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to atlantis

Thanks for all your replies :) I took a taxi to the monorail palm gateway station. Quick and great ride and view of the palm villas. Good frequency of trains and the return ticket is definitely worth it. Thnx again !

Delhi
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to atlantis

how far its from Ramada Bur dubai? and how much would it cost?

Pakistan
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to atlantis

how much does it cost

uk
Level Contributor
310 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to atlantis

it depends where are you staying, clarify please.

9. Re: Getting to atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17