We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

We will be staying near Mall of Emirates and would like to go shopping for fresh fish, Meat and Vegetable from the fresh food market in Deira Dubai.

We would like to use the Metro to do shopping in Deira Market.

Is there any restrictions to carry shopping bags with fresh fish and Meat etc...

Advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
772 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

I have seen signs at Al Ras station saying carrying fish is not allowed, but meat/veggies should be ok

Best would be to purchase one of the special bags you can buy for carrying frozen stuff and can be sealed

London
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

Thanks for your advice.

Maybe comments from others who may have used the markets would be useful.

As we are staying in an Apartment Self Catering and the fish market looks so good, thought buying some fresh fish would be nice.

Comments from shoppers welcome.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,697 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

I'm not sure that I would bother as there is a very large Carrefour supermarket in Mall of the Emirates that sells all of the items you want and also a large Lulu supermarket in Al Barsha, which has the same.

If I was staying closer to the markets in Deira then I might consider it but it's a long way to go to buy fresh produce when there are two large supermarkets with similar offerings close by.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

I agree. The Carrefour in MoE has a very good selection of fish, and we usually find things there that are not widely available in the fish market.

London
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

Thanks for all your comments, great help

6. Re: Restrictions to carry shopping in Dubai Metro Trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:18