We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Exchange rate currencies place?

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Exchange rate currencies place?

Am staying in bur dubai area.

Whats the best place or area to head for to get the best rates for pounds sterling £ to AED.

Have own car so dont mind travelling for large amount.

Anyone have any names of particular places or top recognised exchange. Having driven past UAEXchange a few times, Do they have the best rates or smaller places where there might be quite a few them located all close to each other usually offer the best rates?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Exchange rate currencies place?

I always use UAE Exchange in the malls for the reason that they are most likely to give me a better rate when I change large amounts of cash. It's always worth trying to negotiate a better rate than the one displayed, if an exchange won't negotiate I go elsewhere (now stick to UAE Exchange). I can't make any specific recommendations for place in Bur Dubai as I've never changed money there.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Exchange rate currencies place?

If you go to any mall you will find exchange houses. I have no idea how much you want to change but I would just go to a mall and look at the different exchange rates in one place - it will be around 5.85, maybe 5.9.

There really is little point driving all over Dubai as the difference in rate will be minimal and not worth the effort

3. Re: Best Exchange rate currencies place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17