We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Stopover

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Dubai Stopover

I have a 7/8 hours stopover in Dubai international airport overnight. Any suggestions on how can I pass time apart from sleeping on those uncomfortable benches for 7 hours? I have heard of a facility in Dubai airport that you can hire a bed on hourly basis rather than paying hotel rates, but I cannot find any information regarding this on their website. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Stopover

You mean a snooze cube.

Details here

http://www.snoozecube.com/

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Stopover

Just seen Snoozecube..

The rates are worse than hotel rates..

Regards

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Stopover

If you holding an UK passport, you can exit the airport and go to an airport hotel. Hotel rooms are around USD 100 -120 per night. You will have around 4-5 hours to spend in the hotel given your connection time.

There are lounge chairs in some part of the airport which are more comfortable than benches.

There is also a spa / health club as an alternative.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Stopover

Are we just lucky? Fly each year from Athens to Auckland with Emirates...several flight options available for the Dubai-Australia leg and we always choose the 12 hour layover as the airport hotel is free (I believe it may be for over 8 hours' stopover). If you are with Emirates, you could enquire. (another bonus is the 30 kg baggage allowance for Economy pax!)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Stopover

You will spend at least an hour getting out; and need to be back at least 2 hrs before your connecting flight. In effect you have 4-5 hrs at best. You can use Marhaba Lounge (AED 180 or so) for this period, to relax, have a drink and a quick meal/snacks. If you wish to only sleep, you may need a hotel but take care not to miss your connection.

6. Re: Dubai Stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17