We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PKa
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
156 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Hi

We are planning our summer trip (at the moment we are all over the place...is it U.S, is it Hong Kong, is it Dubai,,,), and Dubai is one of the candidates.

On our one and only trip to Dubai we stayed at the DAM at Madinat and like most of the people, we loved it. That was few years ago and the price was almost reasonable with their Summer Flavors deal. But for example this year, Summer flavors deal wasn't that good, meaning very expensive.

So, since I don't expect 2014 to be any cheaper at DAM, I must look for another options.

This time there will be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 14 yrs old kids. In most hotels in Dubai, I think that means 4 adults, right?

I have looked at Hilton Residence at Jumeirah, that seems ok, we could get 2 bedroom suite with reasonable price. Only problem I have with this hotel is the question, is it really easy and convenient and hassle free to use pool and beach of the Hilton hotel?

Another hotel I've been looking is Jebel Ali hotels, Palm Tree Court and Beach Hotel. Both get ok reviews, but I do not really know what it is, that bothers me with these. They seem a bit old, they seem to be bit out of the way, which should not be a problem with us, since the main thing we want is a good beach. And, do they have connecting rooms, this is not a must but would be nice?

So,does anybody have a clue about next years Madinat offers?

Comments about Hilton Residence or JA hotels? Any other ideas for beach hotels?

Thanks in advance and apologies for not so straight forward post.

-Pete

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Hi we have stayed in the jumeriah beach hotel and also the palm tree court 3 times , as a family with three kids (2 teenagers) we all prefer the palm tree court the hotel is fantastic and service is amazing. The location for some might be a bit off putting , it is about 30 mins from jumeriah beach area which is easily accessible via the free bus. The beach is stunning and very peacefull, fantastic choice of restaurant s and plenty of water sports .if you have any questions please feel free to ask .

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

It is easy and hassle free to use the beach and pools at the Hilton.

Jebel Ali and Palm Tree court are a bit old but have been refurbed, their AI deal is very good, both get good reviews and they will give you rooms that are next door if you explain why. If you are not bothered about being further out then the beach is much nicer there than at the Hilton

PKa
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
156 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Hi

Thanks for replies !

Like I said, the beach is the most important thing, so I think that I will concentrate on JA hotels.

(And keep looking for nice deals for Jumeirah hotels in Madinat :) ).

Thanks again!

-Pete

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Most hotels are really cheap in summer as it is so hot

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

The Palm Tree Court has a large very nice and well maintained beach. It offers also different pools a nice health club and water activities.

I think you will like this and your teenagers as well. If you book early, reserve rooms on the ground floor / garden level. Then you have also a nice sitting area and garden area right in front of your rooms.

If you take two rooms, you have two options to connect the rooms. Firstly a connecting door in the room and secondly a connection outside. Two rooms share a small entrance area from which you enter the rooms. If you have booked both rooms you can then close the door for this entrance area.

Keep in mind the timing for Ramadan. which will be around 28th June to 26th July. During Ramadan no hotel will serve alcohol during the day (only after sunset).

PKa
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
156 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Hi

Dubai_Phil: Thanks a lot for the information regarding Palm Tree Court, it is startting to sound like a really good option for us.

Our trip will be just before Ramadan :).

One question regarding transportation from JA area: is it ease to get to central Dubai or Jumeirah area from there?

-Pete

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

They run shuttles to IBN Battuta Mall - takes around 30 mins - and then you can get metro or taxis from there.

There are also taxis available at the resort - so it's easy but not necessarily fast

PKa
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
156 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Ok, thanks for the info.

Another question: if we stay on the JA Palm Tree Court, I suppose we are stuck with restaurants at the resort? Or are there other dining options near by?

If resort restaurants are our only choice, should we go for All Inclusive? How pricy are those resort restaurants, if we decide to skip AI ?

-Pete

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

Yes, the hotel is a bit isolated and no restaurant close to it.

They have very good all inclusive offers. I think this includes some beverage as well, but I am not sure. Maybe somebody else here can give you a better answer.

I think you should go at least half board or better all inclusive.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendations for Summer 2014

I would go all inclusive as it is a very good offer and there is nothing else close by. All inclusive at this resort is very inclusive and includes drinks