We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unmarried couple

Livingstone, Zambia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
unmarried couple

hi, i just want to know how strict the Ibis Al Barsha hotel is on unmarried couple and what their rules and regulations are on unmarried couples. should i avoid this hotel?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,481 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unmarried couple

None of us can tell you that. What we can tell you is that unmarried people will have stayed there before and will do so again.

The regulations are not made by the hotel. The law in Dubai is that unmarried couple should not be alone together in an hotel room, most hotels don't ask for proof. The fact that passports are in different names is not an issue - they will assume you are married so let them assume that.

The only time it will become an issue is if you draw attention to yourselves or attract the attention of the police.

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
293 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unmarried couple

As per Uae rules u can not stay together. It will be problem if somebody notices . Otherwise no issues....

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: unmarried couple

Lots of people do it. Some are not even aware of the rules. I wouldn't get concerned about it. Just don't draw attention to yourself and it will not be an issue. You're just a couple on vacation and that's all anyone needs to know.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: unmarried couple

This comes up a lot and I can only tell you that I am married but in Italy we keep our maiden name and there's nothing on my passport to say who I'm married to and no one has ever questioned this in Dubai or anywhere else and look at all the famous people like footballers who stay there with their girlfriends.

5. Re: unmarried couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 18:05
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: unmarried couple

It's not a problem, people will assume you are married and the hotel staff really don't care. It only becomes a problem if you come to the attention of police for another reason eg bar fight, shoplifting etc. since that is not likely you will have a lovely holiday :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: unmarried couple

Generally look slightly miserable and anyone remotely interested will assume you are happily married.

LOL

Don't make them afraid.

There is no issue.

8. Re: unmarried couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16