We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
236 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

Hi

On our return trip from Bangladesh, we have 2 nights to spend in Dubai before returning to UK (Feb 25 to 27).

I've been Dubai a few times before and we just want to relax for a couple of days and was thinking of staying in Radisson Blu Sharjah (if available)as cheaper. Anyone know if this is near other shops/restaurants as hotel restaurant will probably be expensive.

Or would you suggest we stay in Dubai instead bearing in mind, we won't be shopping at all.

TIA

shamina

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

The restaurant is not all expensive, so much c heaper than Dubai.

No alcohol is served in Sharjah though if that is a problem.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 16:40
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,092 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

It is cheaper because it's a different Emirate and not in Dubai at all. As above there is no alcohol served anywhere in Sharjah and the dress code is stricter.

To get into Dubai is around 45 - 90 minutes depending on traffic, which is very heavy at rush hour

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
773 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

Regardless of shopping or alcohol (which I do not think you will be interested in), Dubai is a better bet than Sharjah and Radisson Blu Sharjah is deep within Sharjah. We had a relative stay nearby and it took 45 minutes just to leave Sharjah and enter Dubai in peak traffic

I hope the political situation improves by February as currently it is quite bad

Edited: 10 December 2013, 08:03
london
Level Contributor
236 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

Thanks all

Yes you're right. I'm not interested in shopping and nor do I drink. I dress modestly (I think) so that should be ok. Can I wear a swimsuit at the hotel beach?

If I stay at the hotel for the 2 nights, can I walk around local restaurants or am I limited to the hotel?

TIA

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

I really wouldn't recommend Radisson Blu in Sharjah. Decent facilities, awful rooms. Ignore all the 1st time reviewers and you'll see what I mean. You can also read my review. There much are better hotels in both Dubai & Sharjah.

Edited: 15 December 2013, 08:06
6. Re: Where to stay - Sharjah or Dubai for chill out break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17