We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
26 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

am only staying one night in Dubai before going to rak. would like a hotel close to a bus stop, as I have a bit of difficulty walking.

I would prefer the hotel to be cheap as only there one night. would welcome any advice.

also hope to stay for few days in Sharjah and abu Dhabi before going home -flight from Dubai.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

Do you have a preference for which area of Dubai ?

When you were there previously did you use the buses ?

You have to drive through Sharjah to get to RAK from Dubai and the journey time is around 90 minutes. Then Abu Dhabi is 90 minutes from Dubai in the other direction so RAK to Abu Dhabi will mean going back through Sharjah and Dubai to get there - around 3 hours.

Perhaps you could alter the order of your trip if you haven't booked hotels yet.

Are you intending to do all of your travelling by Bus ?

Assuming you intend to get the bus to Sharjah or RAK then you will need to be close enough to walk to Al Ghubiba bus station or you could stay anywhere and get a taxi to the bus station.

Are you travelling as a lone female again ?

If so then I would not recommend some of the cheaper properties near to the bus station.

If you are only there one night and don't intend to do much other than sleep then I would pick either Holiday Inn Express at Dubai airport (close to terminal 3) or Premier Inn Dubai airport (close to terminal 1) and get a taxi to the bus station form there.

As you've been before you know that taxis are relatively cheap and if walking is an issue then perhaps taxi is a more convenient and comfortable option for you, albeit more expensive than the bus

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

I would also take a look at this topic from the Ras al-Khaimah forum tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298063-i9248-k5…

The later posts seem to suggest there is no longer a bus service from Dubai to Ras al-Khaimah. There seems to be a limited service from Sharjah.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,912 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

RAK Forum members may have a better idea on Al Hamra Transport (said to operate between RAK and Dubai). Dubai RTA bus service is not there to RAK.

england
Level Contributor
26 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

thank you all so much for your kind and helpful replies.

to answer Latimer's questions. No last time i was there i didnot use the buses at all, but i had not long since had an operation, and i just stayed in Dubai for a very short stop over. I have all the hotels booked now, and guess i will take the bus, but may decide otherwise whilst i am there, but intend definitely to do the dubai to RAK and Abu Dhabi to Dubai return.

Yes i will be travelling as a lone female and have in fact now booked the Premier Inn, so will get a taxi to the bus station, and i am very thankful that you mentioned the bus station by name, as in things i have read, there are about 3 names for stations!

I can walk better now and especially as i use a walking stick!

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this trip, as i will be spending so much longer in UAE, and hope to make the most of it, even if i have to adapt what i do to my ability now - pity i ccouldnt have come when i was younger and fitter.

thanks again

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

Fair play to you and have a great time

6. Re: bus dubai to rak and cheap hotel in dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19