We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Tamworth
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Hi

I am looking to return to Dubai and stay in Le Royal Meridian Beach & Spa resort & fly Emirates from Birmingham, but my usual agent doesn't seem that competitive this time round.

Has anyone found any good deals for July / Ramadan as I am keen to book now, or should I wait ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

more out of curiousity- why are you choosing to vacation in dubai during ramadan? The heat (115 degrees farenheit) plus with Ramadan season not everything operates as normal

Tamworth
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Hi i tend to always go in Ramadan and have previously been in both July and August, yes its hot but never unbareable.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Just check several on line agents and see which is best for you.

Tamworth
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

thanks latimer I have tried destinology and emirates but thier both c£600 more than i paid last year ...

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Have a look at best@travel, Travelbag, Kenwood Travel and Value Added Travel, then go back to Destinology if you want and see if they'll price match.

I tend to think now is the time to start looking, I normally find Emirates fares come down slightly in the New Year only to increase in a few months time and they tend to rocket closer to the date of travel.

As July is low season, you can normally get good deals on hotels but I don't think they will decrease much in the next few months, it's a chance you take whether you wait or not.

I think hotel prices are increasing in Dubai in general.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Have a look at virgin holidays they have deals, we have just booked 2 days ago. Cheap premium economy upgrades too!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Hi

Try The Departure Lounge for a quote - thats who we have booked with this year - And we have alsways used Destinology ... Much cheaper.

London
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Try Letsgo2 Dubai also - had great service there on the previous trip - next one is with Virgin but only as we had a deal and I get 10% off, usually they don't come close on price.

I did a comparison earlier too for September and the trip I have been looking for was £120 cheaper with lets go 2 than Destinology but obviously can change almost daily so I would always do a comparison

Tamworth
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Thanks for all your help we got a cracking deal comparing all the agents you all suggested.

Cant beat the trip advisor family for advice...

Keighley
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LRM July 2014 - anyone found any deals ?

Care to share who you ended up using.