We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burj khalifa question

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Burj khalifa question

Visiting Dubai for first time in February, planning on visiting the Burj, please can I ask what is the best time of day to book observation point to hopefully have a good view of the area surrounding Burj Khalifa.

Also looking for ideas on where to eat locally on 1st night, stating at Arabuan Dreams apartments and arrive in Dubai at 7am, hopefully they may let us check in early so we cZn have a quick nap, but if they don't , intend visiting areas close to hotel first day and retiring to room by 9 to catch up on sleep.

Hopefully someone can advise

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
59,963 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the...
107 Reviews
from US$68.50*
Dubai Burj Khalifa Level 148...
35 Reviews
from US$104.94*
Special Offer
Dubai Burj Khalifa 'At the Top...
1,483 Reviews
from US$35.00*
US$37.48
Dubai Top Five Attractions Tour...
59 Reviews
from US$221.50*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burj khalifa question

Hi,

We went to the Burj khalifa at 5pm, It seemed as good a time as any. Sun was setting over the Sea. Fountains work every 30 min after 5pm. It was pretty Hazy while we were up there. Next morning was Crystal Clear. We ate at the Mango Tree Restaurant which had a great view of the fountains. The resturant Peirchic was outstanding. The Burj al Arab Skybar was great too. You need to prebook all three.

Happy travelling

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
59,963 Reviews
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burj khalifa question

There is no best time of day really so the time you go is up to you; some people like to book around 45 mins before sunset and get to see the city in daylight, as the sun sets and after dark.

In the morning you may get fog, then again you may not and in the afternoons you may get haze, then again you may not so pick a time and hopefully the sky will be clear - in's'allah !

If I was doing it I'd go for around midday but that's personal preference.

As for the hotel then if your flight lands at 7am it will be more likely 8.30- 9am when you get to your hotel as it is around 20-25 mins from the airport by taxi.

If they have a room free they will probably let you have it but you can't expect it as check out for other guests will be midday. Treat it as a bonus if you get the room earlier than normal time and they will let you use all of their facilities if you don't so they will store your luggage and you can have breakfast, go for a swim in their pool and a snooze on a sunbed - for this reason it's a good idea to pack swim things and suntan lotion at the top of your luggage then you can use their facilities to change.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,902 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burj khalifa question

I've been up twice in the morning, then last year, went up in the early afternoon. Queues going up & down were ridiculous in the afternoon, compared to the morning when I've been.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burj khalifa question

Hi latimar

Could I ask question why do u prefer mid day to visit burj Khalifa

It's because soon we be ready to book also

Un decided what time

Thanks kindly

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burj khalifa question

My guess is probability of fog/haze would be minimal and better chances of a clear view all around during mid-day...

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burj khalifa question

Exactly.

And I understand the sunset thing but can't quite see the attraction of after dark - when you could be anywhere in a big city with lights.

I prefer to see the view in the daylight

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burj khalifa question

I have been there a few times and would definitely go for the midday to 2pm to see more. It's pretty at night and you see the fountains but you can't hear the music which is part of the experience.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burj khalifa question

thanks everyone if you require midday .what time is best to get there staying at the al murooj rotana

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burj khalifa question

If you want to go at midday then your best bet is to book an on line advance ticket.

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/

You can do this up to 30 days in advance.

From your hotel you walk across the road into Dubai Mall and then to the Burj Khalifa entrance, which is by Bloomingdales on the ground floor - aim to arrive at the entrance around 15 mins before your ticket time so should be in plenty of time if you leave your hotel 30 mins before your ticket time if you intend to go straight to Burj Khalifa and not look at anything else in the mall on your way there.

Mentioned in this post
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
22,839 Reviews
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
59,963 Reviews
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts